Thursday, July 16, 2009

i ♥ damien hirst












Among so many reasons are:
Because he’s naughty.
Because of the Butterfly Paintings.
Because, at his invitation, dozens of artists donated work to Bono’s RED Auction to benefit IV/AIDS relief programs in Africa conducted by UN The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. The Auction raised $42 million for the cause.
Because he may be a drunk, and I love drunks.
Because he understands our demand for spectacle, our idolatry and our insatiable appetite; creates the ultimate object to lampoon this (For the Love of God), and it still gets published on the cover of art forum.
Because he held his own Auction.
Because the Art World wants to hate him, but it needs him.
Because he said, “I just wanted to find out where the boundaries were. So far I've found there aren't any. I just wanted to be stopped, and no one will stop me”.
I don’t love Jeff Koons.

No comments:

Post a Comment